The Comp Program is our entry-level racing program for U10 and older athletes (ages 8 and up as of 12/31/16).
- Designed for new athletes who do not yet want to travel to USSA races, young athletes who are still developing, former Grom athletes who do not yet want to travel or athletes looking for a fun, recreational racing program that teaches advanced fundamental skiing skills
- Each Comp athlete needs to be a proficient skier able to keep up with their peers, ski all slopes except Upper Ramrod and Upper Gunbarrel, be a parallel skier and be able to ride all lifts without assistance
- Weekend-only program – Saturday and Sunday, morning and afternoon practice
- 75% freeskiing focused on all-mountain and fundamental skills and fun – emphasis on high mileage and diverse terrain with experienced coaches
- Will participate in Saturday Morning Race Series
- Comp athletes may participate in two USSA races in 2016 – The Sheibley GS/Parallel GS at Roundtop on January 8, The Whitney SL at Roundtop on 2/5. To compete in more than two USSA races at Roundtop, joining the Comp+ or Travel Program is required