Grom Program – cost $475 (2019-2020 season)
The Grom Program is for our youngest skiers, U8 athletes, birthyears 2012 & 2013. Birthyear 2014 may be eligible after evaluation of ski ability.
- Must be able to ride all lifts without assistance and use ski poles.
- Designed to be a bridge program from RMR Mountain Explorers to SRRC for skiers who are ready for introduction to fundamental ski racing skills.
- Each Grom athlete needs to be a proficient skier able to keep up with their peers, ski all slopes except Upper Gunbarrel, be a parallel skier and be able to ride all lifts without assistance
- Weekend-only program – Saturday and Sunday, morning and afternoon practice
- 90% freeskiing focused on all-mountain and fundamental skills, and FUN – emphasis on high mileage and diverse terrain with young, former racers as coaches for great visual modeling
- Will participate in select Saturday Morning Race Series GS races only, not SL races and NASTAR races, 10% of focus
- Groms should be dropped off and picked up by a parent at the start and end of each practice at locations designated by coaches weekly.