The Travel+ Program is an invitation-only program for U16 and older athletes (ages 14 and up as of 12/31/15). This program is specifically designed to provide an academy-like program, and as such, provide a very high-level and comprehensive program while allowing athletes to stay at home and within the SRRC program. The mission of this program is to develop Homegrown Champions. Travel+ athletes are invited based upon State Team selection, Derby results (top 25 men and top 20 women) and overall PA Cup results (top 30 men and top 25 women).
The Travel Program is an excellent program to also develop Homegrown Champions and not all athletes will qualify for Travel+ or choose to join Travel+ if invited.
- 6-Day per week program – Weekend mornings and afternoons, Monday and Wednesday evenings and Tuesday and Thursday afternoons and evenings. Tuesday and Thursday afternoons are fundamentals-only practices
- 80% gate training focus in SL, GS and SG with coaches experienced in high-level and national and international competition
- The Travel+ Program includes the following…
- AMP pre-season conditioning program
- Pre-Season New England camps and races
- In-season camps and races in NY State and New England
- Small coach to athlete ratio
- Regular Dartfish and Microgate utilization
- Sports Psychology, Nutrition and Conditioning programs
- Tuning and race preparation instruction
- Post-season races in New England and NY State
- Will participate in Saturday Morning Race Series
- Will participate in USSA races throughout PA and have opportunity to qualify for PA State Championships (Derbies) or compete in PA Cups and possibly in post-season championship events in New England and NY State