Travel Program – cost $650 (for 2018-2019 season)
The Travel Program is designed for U12 and older athletes (birthyears 2000 -2008) who want to compete in USSA races and the PARA State Championship events (aka, the Derbies). This program features a number of races away from RMR, including PARA Central Region qualifier races for the U12-U16 Derbies and the Statewide PA Cup Series for U19-U21 athletes and qualified U16s. The Travel Program is for athletes who are serious about committing time and focus to preparing for high-level competition.
U10 (birthyears 2009 – 2010) athletes are also welcome to join the Travel Program, but not all PARA USSA races allow U10 athletes and there is no U10 PARA State Championship (Derby). Travel U10 athletes primarily train with Comp+ athletes, race in more USSA events than Comp or Comp+ athletes, and may train with the U12 Travel athletes during select training sessions.
- Designed for athletes who are ready to commit to a high-level competitive ski racing
- 4-Day per week program – Weekend mornings and afternoons and Tuesday and Thursday evenings
- 80% gate training focus in SL, GS and SG with experienced coaches.
- Will participate in Saturday Morning Race Series.
- Will participate in USSA races throughout PA and have the opportunity to qualify for PA State Championships or compete in PA Cups. Eligibility for PA State Championships is awarded by achievements through the PARA-Central calendar of races. Eligibility for post-season championship events in out of state regional events are awarded via achievement at PA State Championships or PA Cups.