The Travel Program is designed for U12 and older athletes (ages 10 and up as of 12/31/15) who want to compete in USSA races and the PARA State Championship events (Derbies). This program features a number of races away from RMR, including PARA Central Region qualifier races for the U12-U16 Derbies and the PA Cup Series for U19-U21 athletes and qualified U16s. The Travel Program is for athletes who are serious about committing time and focus to preparing for high-level competition.
U10 athletes are also welcome to join the Travel Program, but not all PARA USSA races allow U10 athletes and there is no U10 PARA State Championship (Derby). Travel U10 athletes will primarily train with Comp+ athletes but will have the option of racing in more USSA events than Comp or Comp+ athletes and will train with the U12 Travel athletes during select training sessions.
- Designed for athletes who are ready to commit to a high-level competitive ski racing
- 4-Day per week program – Weekend mornings and afternoons and Tuesday and Thursday evenings
- 80% gate training focus in SL, GS and SG with experienced coaches.
- Will participate in Saturday Morning Race Series.
- Will participate in USSA races throughout PA and have the opportunity to qualify for PA State Championships or compete in PA Cups and possibly in post-season championship events in New England and NY State